Thursday, August 11, 2011

I

I will write about copenhagen, venice, and even rome after my exams, 6 months after the trip. For then, i will know what are the emotions and memories that still stick; i will flash the many photos i have taken (some tainted with bad memories and others remind me of my role and the space i am given in this.. Space i have to share with everyone else). Familiarity is such a nice feeling, the kind where you look at photos others have taken and go 'i have been there, i have been there!!'. What else fuels the excitement?

Yesterday, i looked through a few photos i was tagged in and felt strange. Roughly, this was what i said: isn't it strange how we look the way we are? Look at the mirror/photo, see a person staring back at you, how strange and surreal that the person is... You. Feels like we know ourselves better than our faces, so foreign. What do we know about our own faces, besides being able to recognize it?

It's barely uncomfortable, just surreal. That weird feeling that you actually exist. You hear of stories, of things others tell, and there is 'I'. What exactly is 'I'? Not 'who am I', but what is 'I'.

No comments: